New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

99 Disco 1

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Disco 1

I am brand new to the world of Land Rovers and looking forward to the challenges and pleasures of this experience. Have been reviewing this forum and have already found priceless post that will be of great assistance to me. My D1 is going to be a new project and learning experience. So, up front, I want to say thank you to all that may offer advice and their unique experience that comes with owning Land Rovers - Thank You!!!

About myself: 48yoa / 22years of military service / 20years civilian LE /
Goals: be fully retired in 2016 / travel to last continent I haven't stepped foot on - the Antartica!

Old 03-10-2012, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Welcome. Enjoy free download of various Rover manuals in links below, the RAVE is a set of owners, shop, and electrical manuals. Please watch your temp gauge, it should not go over 9:00 position without investigation. Many owners enjoy adding an Ultra Gauge, which displays anything that can come out the code scanner port, and it also functions as a code reader. On the McMurdo angle, I have a friend who was married to a welding supervisor for a big contractor working there. They found out she had an EMT certification, and opened a slot for her, and they both went there for a year, and got paid to do it. Point is they need more than just PhD's to support it. You are exactly the sort of person firms will be looking for.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the welcome and thank you for the links! Already downloaded them and know the will definitely be of great use!!! I have to commend all of the great individuals, like yourself, that assist others on here. This forum is totally amazing because of good hearted people like you. Hopefully one day I'll be able to return the same support and kindness to others as well - as I progress through Land Rover Owner University. :-)