New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Air distribution issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 03:57 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air distribution issues

Guys, appreciate an expert advise as we don't have any here in Qatar.

I've purchased my Disco II in May 2016 and I am Having issues with air distribution in the cabin, it seems like even when I choose direct face air blow, the air keeps coming from all 4 sides: on the windshield and from the sides of the center console, were the gear stick is located, and even from the back seat floor, along with the selected position (face flow).

This wont be an issue normally, but the blow intensity is very weak, and here in the heart of the desert, a strong air con is a must and the flow has to be very strong, otherwise you don't feel that there is an AC working at all when it hits 55C in summer.

My technician said he needs to open the dash and have a look to determined where might be the issue, and my questions are:

1- Is there is a way to figure out what might be the issue? and maybe order parts ahead to save some time, as there are no parts here and I have to order from GB.
2- is there is any way to increase the air flow strength? if I was not satisfied after the fix?

Hope I did not talk too much
Aamer