New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 10:19 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arkansas

Hi everyone, My name is Chris and own my first Disco II.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:54 PM
5th Gear
Question Coolant inside valve covers and exhaust

I purchased my DiscoII 2003 a year ago and it started over heating and have always noticed a little more moisture out of the exsaust than normal, however no humidity. I replaced the Thermo and it ran fine. 3 nights ago with five 12 yo in back plus camping equipment I looked down and the red light was on and the needle was below the blue line as if broke. I pulled over and, once the smoke cleared realized I blew the Throttle defrost gasket. The next day I replaced gasket and all the upper and loweer expansion tank water pump hoses boiled the Thermo to make sure it was opening. Reaserched on bleeding coolant system. I started it, and seemed as though the preasure in the upper radiater hose was dangerous so I kept realesing pressure manually with the cap. I decided to stop releasing pressure, and took a drive and it over heated in two blocks. While I was driving I noticed major coolant coming out of tail pipes. Removed all parts down to the heads, this is next, my valve covers were covered with the peanut butter on the inside and coolant. What does the peanut Butter mean??? Is my motor shot? You could tell it has been building for some time. I also noticed when I took the Pleneum off there was oil, and when I removed the gasket I noticed the oil was jumping the first three intakes and last three.... PLEASE HELP!!!! I love this site I have read it for months and thought working on this engine would be hard but with guys like "YALL" on here it makes it a hobby. Thanks Everyone

Disco II Tail Electrical Replacement
Thermo, All coolant Hoses

Old 03-26-2011, 03:06 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome and that sucks. Best thing to do is start a new thread in the proper section with this info and pics if you have them. Then you will have a better response from the members here.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:09 PM
5th Gear
Default Thank you

I tried to figure out where to post last night. Bieng new it is difficult. I reposted in a better spot however still dont know if it is the right one...I would love some advice on posting in the right place.