New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Brave New World - '06 HSE LUX

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 03:30 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brave New World - '06 HSE LUX

Hello to the forum!

New Range Rover owner.

My Daughter has been driving my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and is at school 2 states away. Drive Train wise the Jeep was in great shape, but 13 year old vehicles have a lot of plastic going bad and I got sick of calling over there to get a mechanic to help with the annoying check engine codes.

I picked up a VERY Clean '06 Range Rover HSE with the 4.4L V8 with every bell and whistle known to man. 82k on the clock, but fine compression and everything seems to work according to the manual. I paid about what I was going to drop on an '07 Toyota FJ with 45K.

I only got one key so that is about a $400 U.S. expense(that may be it for her Christmas...), but so far she LOVES IT and Mother feels much better about her driving the 6 hours to and from.

I am a pretty accomplished shade tree mechanic, but mostly with the Jeep brand. I have rebuilt the transmission on my '64 ******(actually did a frame up restore on that), replaced wheel bearings etc. on the '00 Grand and done just about EVERYTHING on the '88 Wrangler (big-tired red neck edition...). I also work on my Son's '01 F-150 Super Crew and the Wife's Yukon XL Denali.

The little things that I have replaced on the LR have been much easier than on my '06 Audi A6(4hour oil change, 1.5 hour air filter change), but not nearly as easy as the Grand Cherokee. I will be leaning heavily on y'all for technical articles, hacks, and general knowledge. Most of my work on this thing will be limited to college breaks and long weekends when she comes home. I will need the parts here and need it buttoned up by Sunday at noon when she heads back.

Interesting buggy this LR... I look forward to the new adventure.

JD