New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

A Brisk hello from Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 02:40 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Brisk hello from Michigan

Very recently started reading mountains of wisdom across this website and thought I'd join in now that I've got a small amount of experience with my 1999 Disco I. As time and monies free up, I plan to dig further into upgrades and troubleshooting. Right now (tbh) I'm waiting for the weather to become reasonable (currently in single digits) to look into a possible vacuum leak. I'm told that it might explain why my CEL is on and the ODB scanner is displaying bank 2, sensor 2 O2 sensor needing to be replaced. I'm not frugal, just not interested in rolling around on the ground for no reason.

I hope to lean on you all for your expertise for the next foreseeable future.

1999 Disco I - 4.0 8cyl. "Rust and falling head liner edition"

Old 01-03-2018, 03:03 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,275 Likes on 896 Posts

Welcome to the board. Where abouts in Michigan are you? I'm over in the lower part of the thumb and I'm always looking for folks to go wheeling with. Went to Ohio a few weeks back and had an absolute blast wheeling with their LR facebook group. Was going back this weekend, but temps are just a bit to cold for sleeping in the rover.

Anyhow, congrats on the Dl and post up some pictures. Hoping to get some interest in starting a Michigan LR facebook group, do a drummond island weekend or our own "winter romp"...since Maine is forever and a day away.

Brian.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,588 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Come on Brian, I'm driving to Romp from Georgia. Man up, gas up and set the cruise

Old 01-03-2018, 08:46 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,275 Likes on 896 Posts

Yeah, but you don't have to go around Canada. I guess, if we waged war on them and happen to take over Ontario between now and then...it would open up a straighter route...or I could just break down and get a passport.

Waging war would probably cost several billion dollars of tax payers money, and who says we win...we don't have a very good track record against them.

Or...

Me paying $80.00 for a passport.

I'll sleep on it and let you know...lol.

Brian.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,588 Likes on 1,304 Posts

I'll buy you a beer....

Old 01-04-2018, 08:48 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Welcome to the board. Where abouts in Michigan are you? I'm over in the lower part of the thumb and I'm always looking for folks to go wheeling with. Went to Ohio a few weeks back and had an absolute blast wheeling with their LR facebook group. Was going back this weekend, but temps are just a bit to cold for sleeping in the rover.

Anyhow, congrats on the Dl and post up some pictures. Hoping to get some interest in starting a Michigan LR facebook group, do a drummond island weekend or our own "winter romp"...since Maine is forever and a day away.

Brian.

I'm over in West Michigan, Grand Rapids area. I recently bought the rover and replaced the brakes, front calipers, rotors, and a few lines. Why the heck is everything steel and not flexible/braided hosing? Talk about a pain.