New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hello from Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 01:54 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Michigan

Hi all,

My name is Jack and I strive to be a Rover mechanic. Hoping to pick up some good tips from the forum, get my Rover into shape and hopefully contribute something back to the community. I have a 2002 Discovery II with 150K miles on it with some minor cosmetic issues and probably a few larger mechanical issues as well. Hoping you can help me work some kinks out.

Looks like a nice community here.

Thanks,

Jack

Old 02-02-2017, 07:35 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,167 Likes on 842 Posts

Welcome to the mix of LR owners. Most of your questions can be answered here.

What part of MI are you located in? There are a few Michiganders here. Hopefully, someday, if all of us can get our Discovery's running at the same time...fingers crossed...we could do a get together and fourwheeling.

Brian.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Welcome to the mix of LR owners. Most of your questions can be answered here.

What part of MI are you located in? There are a few Michiganders here. Hopefully, someday, if all of us can get our Discovery's running at the same time...fingers crossed...we could do a get together and fourwheeling.

Brian.
Thanks Brian. From what I've read so far it seems to be a good group of folks and very informative. Already making a list of repairs to start in on. Waiting on the weather to warm up a tad before tackling some of the bigger projects but in the interim I'm assessing what needs to be done and ordering parts. Having said that, the same goes for fourwheeling.. lol.. maybe in a couple of months time! I'm in the Petoskey area and, right now, it's more snowmobiling weather than anything

Old 02-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

IHScouts will be along shortly to say hi, he's from Michigan as well. Don't feed him he'll never leave

Old 02-03-2017, 03:57 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,167 Likes on 842 Posts

Yeah, he would be a neighbor (by up north standards)...he's in TC (according to his location info).

We'll go ahead and volunteer him to make any repairs necessary to your rover...since that would be the neighborly thing to do...lol. There's another member on here from the TC area, but I can't think of her name at the moment.

Good time to tackle repairs, if you have a heated garage. We've had very, very little snow down here, by Capac, and it can stay that way as far as I'm concerned.

Brian.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Yeah, he would be a neighbor (by up north standards)...he's in TC (according to his location info).

We'll go ahead and volunteer him to make any repairs necessary to your rover...since that would be the neighborly thing to do...lol. There's another member on here from the TC area, but I can't think of her name at the moment.

Good time to tackle repairs, if you have a heated garage. We've had very, very little snow down here, by Capac, and it can stay that way as far as I'm concerned.

Brian.
I heard thru the grapevine that he was following the love of his life to Vegas - that would be a long haul to come back and help me lol..

No heated garage but I have a couple of heaters kicking around.

Thanks for the support,

Jack

Last edited by colonelmustard; 02-03-2017 at 10:01 AM.