New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Disco Upgrade from Series II to LR3

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 06:21 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Disco Upgrade from Series II to LR3

Hello fellow enthusiasts. I am a new member to the site, but long time reader of such invaluable informational conversation. I have been a long time Disco II owner, and found humble solice in tinkering with my four wheel project when my weekends appeared empty of mechanical genius. I have been told to think computer first with the LR3's and become familiar with the maintenance schedules and multiple systems. I invested in a Gap IID Tool, and wasted not time in learning the options available, along with the usefulness of the diagnostic capacities.

If anyone is familiar with this type of transition and have some helpful todo's checklist, I would most certainly be humbled by your contribution. I am a firm believer in preparing for the forthcoming with the experience of those who have the tried and true, hands on experience. My Land Rover is a 2006 SE at 144K miles. No modifications have been done, from what I have observed, and the car rides/performs quite soundly. I acquired the vehicle from a private owner, who primarily used the vehicle for family road trips up and down the Eastern seaboard.

Any advice/information is welcome, and again I thank you sincerely for your time and contributions.