New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

EDIT: Move to Disco Subforum, Thank You

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:14 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EDIT: Move to Disco Subforum, Thank You

Let me start this off by saying thanks for providing this forum and I hope that I can truely be a part of it.

Alright I wanted to ask a few things. The Disco I'm about to look at has a few issues with it, it doesn't discourage me from buying it but I want to know what I'm getting into. The poster of the ad says that it needs a new Power Steering Pump, I searched on autozone it runs roughly around $200-$300. Is this pretty easy to do by myself, I'm not pro at fixing cars but I'm not dumb either, is there some sort of guide that can help me with doing this?

The other thing, from what he told me on the phone is that theres brake problems with it. He thinks there's moisture in the line from it sitting since December. Could this be the issue, or do you believe it's something else?

There's plenty of things that make me want this. 4x4, new tires, new struts, new shocks, new head gasket, no RUST, no damage whatsoever. He's the 2nd owner, had it since 1996.

Thanks for reading my long winded post, hopefully you guys will be able to help me out and kinda give me some sort of feedback.

EDIT: I guess I've posted here before but I couldn't remember doign so, could someone please move this to the Disco subforum?