New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Happy Holidays from Colorado!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 07:35 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy Holidays from Colorado!

Hey gang,
My name's Jared and I live in Northern Colorado. I am new to the forum(don't even own my Disco yet...# I've been looking around on the forum the past few weeks seeking advice on my purchase. Wow! What a great wealth in information and experienced Disco enthusiasts! I have owned Cherokees, Pathfinders, 4runners, and Wranglers in the past and I think I'm finally ready to step it up a bit. I've always been attracted to the look of these machines. I love that they are a bit more unique less seen than all the above mentioned 4x4s. And after searching the web as well as this forum, it's great to find out that these vehicles are mean off road vehicles without thousands worth of mods. And they're classy as hell!

I do not do any serious off roading or crawling. Just trails to get me to the places that I bike, hike, hunt, fish, and camp. I will only put 4 or 5k miles on my new ride each year. My mechanical skills are somewhat novice at this point, but I'm not afraid to try anything. I actually look forward to learning more, and it sounds like Disco owners either learn quick or go broke from the stealership...
With that said, I think I will be looking for a Disco series 1. From what I gather they are a bit easier to work on#less electronics#. I would love to find one that has some aftermarket work done to it#2inch lift, steel bumpers, winch, roof rack, etc) This is definately not a deal breaker as I've seen the capabilities of stock rovers...

I will keep you all updated when I find my Rover. I'm sure I will have lots of question as I imagine most new owner do...

Cheers and Happy Holidays!
j

Attached Images  
Old 12-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Jared! It's good to have you.

I bought my Disco II two years ago and I've never looked back. I love my DII to death, they'll probably have to bury me in it haha!

The Disco is a wonderful vehicle to be doing those things with. I use mine for the same sort of stuff (I live in south central Montana) and it's just perfect. It's also got all the class in the world. So they look great in the middle of nowhere bushwhacking and just as good pulling up to a swanky restaurant in the city.

If you're not bothered by taking a trip to get it, I've looked at this ad a dozen times. If I didn't have my DII, I'd be all over this!

http://eastidaho.craigslist.org/cto/3425484148.html

Old 12-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to the site, if you want any advice, send me your number and I'll call you.