New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hello LR Enthusiasts!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hello LR Enthusiasts!!

I am a newbie to both the Land Rover and Forums. I have always read forums and used them for research when having an issue with something but never an active participate. I just recently traded my 98 Honda civic for a 2001 LR Discovery Series 2. I know sounds like a great deal, but there are a few problems with the LR that I was unaware of at first. The first thing I have noticed is that I have a bad cardon joint in the front drive shaft (have one on order just awaiting arrival) that was a huge chunk of change to start with, but not devastating to my excitement about having a Land Rover. I have also noticed that I have what you guys call the Three amigos and would take any advice on this. I have read the forum and seen a lot doing the SVS bypass to solve what seems to be an electrical fault. The last thing I have noticed is that I can not unlock the passenger doors or rear hatch with the use of the key in the drivers door. My buttons on the key are shot so the key is the only entry available. The key will lock them all but only unlock the drivers door. I have to crawl through the vehicle to manually open the other doors from the inside. I took it to autozone to try and get a code read out on the Service Engine Light and got these codes P1590, P0430, P0420, Po300, P0305, P0562, and P0134. I did pull the negative cable and get the SES light to go off but have the battery light on now and cant run codes again until I get the drive shaft in. Any and all help will be appreciated. Also both my bumpers are cracked to hell and am looking for some cheap replacements if anyone has some.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome. Would not drive until front drive shaft repaired, you risk severe transmission killing damage. Post back in regular area of the forum and you will get lots of eyes on your problems and opinions.