New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hello from Oklahoma!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 02:02 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Oklahoma!

The passed few nights i've been coming home from work staying up ALL night scouring the internet for random knowledge about my newly aquired 2000 DII. Most times this is where i end up. Looking forward and nervous to everything i learn about these machines. I plan on many mods for off roading as i live by many trails and parks, not to mention i look forward to pulling my dads jeep out.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

1. Welcome.

2. Your dad may pull you out sometimes as well.

3. Front drive shaft - if oem, will not have grease fittings on the double end. The factory grease dries out from heat, and with almost no warning this shaft snaps and begins bashing a hole in the transmission. Rebuild before it happens article in our tech area, or replace with aftermarket shaft.

4. Learn about your gauges. The heat gauge points at 50% from about 130 - 240F. An OBDII port connected scanner will show you the real deal, and reset codes. One version is the Ultra Gauge, about $70. You may find you are overheating and don't know it.

5. The RAVE is the factory set of shop and owner manuals, free download links below.

6. There is a high miles checklist at top of this section.

Attached Thumbnails Hello from Oklahoma!-slabrat.jpg   Hello from Oklahoma!-xznw5.jpg   Hello from Oklahoma!-pittsburgh-20120905-00034.jpg  
Old 06-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! I too have a 2000 DII that ive had since new. I love my truck! Savanna gave GREAT advice. Start with the high milage service. This is an amazing forum with some VERY knowledgable folks... again, congrats and happy rovering!

Old 06-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Overlanding

Thanks fellas! Actually already have the new joints and center bearing on its way along with an 04 CDL linkage I came across on eBay. Didn't know about the temp gauge though that explains why it shoots up so quick thanks a ton!

Old 06-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Drifting

Another Okie, eh? Very cool. Looks like we have a lot in common! I'm getting a 2000 DII this week. What part of OK are you in?

Old 06-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Rigo
Another Okie, eh? Very cool. Looks like we have a lot in common! I'm getting a 2000 DII this week. What part of OK are you in?
Im in Wagoner down around Muskogee and Broken Arrow. I see your from Moore, hope your doing alright!

Old 06-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Okie Rover
Im in Wagoner down around Muskogee and Broken Arrow. I see your from Moore, hope your doing alright!
I have a few old friends from Wagoner! And we're doing alright, the May 20th tornado missed our house by about a mile. We barely even had debris. Honestly, feel guilty living so close to all that destruction with no loss at all, and here I am buying a Land Rover.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:44 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Rigo
I have a few old friends from Wagoner! And we're doing alright, the May 20th tornado missed our house by about a mile. We barely even had debris. Honestly, feel guilty living so close to all that destruction with no loss at all, and here I am buying a Land Rover.
That's cool there's tons of trails out here around the lake if ur ever down. Good to here u didn't get hurt though I'm sure that's unreal just seeing the aftermath. A few days later when that El Reno f5 hit I walked outside and watched the Tulsa tornado cruise passed the bluebell factory.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Winching
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm ENVIOUS! I'm originally from Oklahoma and didn't get my first landy until here in flat south Florida! I'd have LOVED to enjoy it there with this last freeze! Mine has the cold package on it too! Perfect for south FL! Hahaha

Old 01-13-2014, 09:23 AM
Drifting

The snow was pretty awesome, I wish it would have snowed more, of course, but I won't complain! Here's a pic I took in front of my house.

Name:  LRD2_zps9e3e3094.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  296.0 KB

Quick Reply: Hello from Oklahoma!