New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Here to learn more before taking the plunge!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 10:56 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here to learn more before taking the plunge!

Hey everyone!

Just found this forum today and am stoked to finally find such a great community full of incredible information and knowledge. I am a Land Rover enthusiast, and cannot wait to purchase a LR soon. I do have a story to share about how I fell in love with LR, so bear with me!

When I was about 5 or 6, my parents bought a brand new 1995 LR Discovery. This was right when LR introduced the brand to the States, and it was a huge hit amongst friends and neighbors. When I turned 16 about ten years later, they gave me the Discovery as a sweet sixteen present. I loved that car so much, and I have many fond memories of that car. But sadly it met its demise shortly thereafter in an unfortunate run-in with a nasty graveled road and my high school driving capabilities. After the accident, I drove a 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser. This car has been a beast and I absolutely love it. It's at 235k and still running great. In the past few years since starting college, I've traded back and forth between the Land Cruiser and my mother's Prius (can't scoff at awesome gas mileage!). However, the poor Land Cruiser is finally starting to lose its steam, and being that I live in Colorado, I am tired of the Prius' limitations in off-roading and all weather conditions.

Thus, this brings me to today. I am finally ready to buy my first LR. This afternoon, I went to the Land Rover Highlands Ranch in south Denver and test drove a LR4 HSE and a Range Rover Sport HSE. Both were fantastic, and it made me fall even more in love with the brand and its vehicles. As of now, I'm leaning towards the LR4. I came across this forum after trying to research more about the vehicles. I'm hoping to learn a lot from this forum as I slowly make my decision on what new car I will end up buying. Thanks so much!

Old 05-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welome to the forum! i've been plotting my next rover for a while. leaning toward a range rover classic. for now my disco 2 completes me. there is just something special about these vehicles.
enjoy.
jon

Old 05-23-2012, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Part of the fun is doing your own work and mods, and you have the opportunity to relive your youth - plenty of Discoverys out there, cheap, capable, take lots of mods. Leaves extra folding money for the student loan payments....