New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hi, new member in northern Canada

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:06 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi, new member in northern Canada

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking the boards here for the last two weeks. I think I've read nearly every post pertaining to the Discovery II. This board has really helped me make up my mind about owning a Land Rover.

Drove home my dark blue 2004 Disco II se7 today.

It's got 58,640kms on it, factory warranty until august 30 08. Leather guts of course, heated power seats, heated windshield/mirrors, Dual power sunroofs, backup alarm and cd changer.

I paid $25k cdn for it, from a dealership. Condition is immaculate.

The whole drive home from Winnipeg to Thompson, a 736km(500odd miles) journey I thought to myself "I don't deserve this!"

Please understand that I'm stepping up from a 1986 pontiac sunbird.

Heres what it's like in Thompson Manitoba Canada today... -23c winds gusting up to 45km blowing snow. windchill -37c.

The Discovery plowed thru snowdrifts and ice covered highway with aplomb. Wasn't even as hard on gas as I feared from my reading that it would be.

I'm not used to people staring at my vehicle in open admiration, big smiles and thumbs up from folks I don't even know. Heads turn to follow this rig, is my hair sticking up funny or something? My bro drives an 07 toyota FJ cruiser and he tells me to "get used to it". He's got one of the only FJ's in town and I am pretty sure this is the only Discovery up here. ( cool factor +10)

Now I have to drive it around to all my family/friends and show off. So far this Land Rover ownership deal is fun fun fun! (already had six people in it, kids in the third row seats were giggling with glee! lol)

Please excuse my new owner enthusiasm and thanks to all you posters for making us newbs feel at home. (hehe still getting used to the idea of 'my discovery')

Pleased to meet you! In the electronical/interweb sense of course.

ooster