New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Hola amigos !! And that's all the spanish I know.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 10:22 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slabrat
Senormac
Don't crawl under your Rover with it just sitting on your Italian Jack. Get some jack stands or something.
Very.... VERY GOOD ADVICE slabrat !! I shall not. Jack stands are your friends

Old 04-18-2015, 08:52 PM
Rock Crawling

So finally the weather around here (not raining) is conducive to considering my Rover and what I might do about different things on it.

One problem I've been having has been a mystery for over a year, and that being starting sometimes and not starting sometimes. After a months worth of starts.... it seemed the battery was dead and the engine, when I turn the key.... just bogged down and wouldn't start with various blinkings and clickings on the dashboard. I suspected the battery connector was the culprit and tightened it as tight as I could, but I never felt very confident about it. The design somehow just looked......idiotic !! A diagnostics read out said that the computer was sending an anti theft signal and told the engine not to start. This may have had something to do with my key problems though.

I bought a new battery and also cut the power cables and replaced the connector mechanism with this......

Finally.... my key, when in the ignition, would not turn easily, nor would it extract easily. It just seemed dry and rusty and stuck in there. So I sprayed some of this in the ignition and ....wow....I noticed an instant difference. It's been working perfectly ever since. Key inserts and extracts smoothly and turns perfectly. No anti theft warnings and engine has been starting smoothly. Sometimes it really is the inexpensive things

Old 04-28-2015, 08:50 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

hey that's how we do it here in the Caribbean , coconuts , rocks pieces of wood ...what ever works man ...

Old 04-29-2015, 03:24 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Senormac:
Love this thread. However, I am worried (on your behalf) about the issue with your drive shaft. LR designed a set of Ujoints that cannot be greased. Yep. Why would you want to lubricate an item that flexes about a thousand times a minute over the life span of your vehicle? Anyway, those driveshafts will fail, and I mean fail spectacularly! It will fall off while you are at speed, and before you can stop it will beat holes in your transmission casing, along with anything else it can bash against under the car. Get it checked if it shows signs of wear!!

Old 04-29-2015, 07:37 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

I would suggest that you are going to want to protect the exposed end of those cables, once corrosion sets into those cable you will never get it out. it looks like a couple section of shrink wrap would do it.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:28 AM
Rock Crawling

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll put them on my list.... which seems to be getting longer instead of shorter.