New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Howdy

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 04:19 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howdy

We just picked up a 2011 LR2 HSE, 80K miles, Black on Black. Looks like it was a dealer car for a while then a single owner with full service history at a LR dealer in Chicago (unblemished Carfax)

I have spent a good deal of time looking at LR2s. The missus particularly liked the look of them and after driving one liked the punch you get compared to all the 'wind-up' crossovers out there with CVT and 190 brake at best.

My first impressions on this one was good. It was the first we drove and the dealer just let us take it for half an hour. It seemed a bit noisy. We then drove a couple of others but the overall age/condition/specs and the attitude of the dealer brought us right back to the first one. It did drive a bit noisy but the dealer gave a 2 week/500 mile warranty so we took a chance.

The first thing I did as it had been within the dealer/auction world for over a year was a fuel system clean, fed the seats and removed the LR roof-rack. Guess what? All that road noise went away - it turns out that the rack was vibrating like a hot demon and changed under varying road and speed conditions.... weird, really.

Anyway, she is a lovely beastie and while not as nimble and refined as her predecessor, a Q5, we are very happy with her 2 weeks in.

Last edited by StreakyBonehead; 03-11-2019 at 07:57 PM.