New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Just purchased a Land Rover

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased a Land Rover

Hello all,

I just purchased a 1998 LandRover off eBay and it will be delivered next week! I am quite excited and glad to be on the forums.

Brian

Old 03-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the family. You will find a lot of great advice and experiance in this forum, I have been able to get most of my questions answered here before I needed to know, just by reading others experiances.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Winching

Welcome to the wonderful world of Discovery! Is this your first Rover? If so, you'll absolutely love the way it drives, especially when comparing to other off-road rigs you may have had. What trim and options does yours have? Nice thing is for the most part if there are any options you'd like to have, they are easy to add on.

Be sure to do a thorough inspection and tuneup, familiarize yourself with a proactive maintenance schedule, and decide which issues you can live with for a while. Be patient too, your Disco will love you if you love her. Like a woman, but easier to boss around *said with tongue-in-cheek*.

We'll all be looking forward to pictures and questions, by the way.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Drifting

Thanks for the replies! In regards to the question about trim and options. It is Gold with tan leather, LSE package, twin sunroofs and has the rear jump seats. It has about 112K miles and I will get some pictures up soon after she is delivered. A previous owner replaced the radio and I know it is not working correctly based on the ad but mechanically everything is supposed to be in working order. The radio will probably be my first thing to get in line.

thanks,
Brian

Old 03-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by B.Young
Thanks for the replies! In regards to the question about trim and options. It is Gold with tan leather, LSE package, twin sunroofs and has the rear jump seats. It has about 112K miles and I will get some pictures up soon after she is delivered. A previous owner replaced the radio and I know it is not working correctly based on the ad but mechanically everything is supposed to be in working order. The radio will probably be my first thing to get in line.

thanks,
Brian
Nice, I love my sunroofs and wish I had the rear jump seats. Those can wait for now though, considering I've never had more than three passengers and don't plan to have children for a couple more years. I've been thinking of adding heated seats when I redo my front upholstery though...

In addition to the mechanical issues that are thoroughly discussed here (I might as well be the first to say, do a 60k mile tune up) be on the lookout for any warped or water damaged interior panels, may be a sign of leaks around the rain gutters or door seals, so check for rust. Gosh these are fun trucks though!

Old 03-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Drifting

Yummy!

Name:  LandRover.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  53.8 KB

Old 03-28-2011, 04:57 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice! Welcome and congrats