New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

kook

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 12:27 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kook

Fresh meat. I have just purchased a 2002 disco kalahari. Its white. I love this rig to death. 120k purs, all records. Third owner second bought at 80k. I'm coming from a 1999 nissan frontier SE. I liked the truck but needed something larger and tougher (towing mainly). I fish alot for salmon and steelhead here in Oregon. I own alot of toys. I love to use them out here in the pnw..450cc dirtbike, driftboat, surfboards, rifles, skis too many hobbies too little time. First time ever joining a forum, cannot wait to pick some brains. Honestly don't want to mod the heck out of this thing, I tend to keep things pretty stock. videos and pictures will soon show up as I have aquired this beast yesterday.

haole

Old 06-10-2013, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

1. Welcome.

2. Front drive shaft, if oem, has sealed U joints on the double end. They bake out from the CATS, with no warning snap, then proceed to beat hole in transmission case. Avoid by rebuild in advance (our tech area has a write up) or after market shaft.

3. Heat gauge points at 50% from about 130 - 240F. Use something on the OBDII port to read live data and real coolant temps. There is a 180F alternate temp thermostat that is worth your attention.

4. The factory owner, shop, and electrical manuals are called the RAVE, free links for downloads below.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:36 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, thank you, thank you, and one more time THANK YOU!