New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Leaving Land rover

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 12:45 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Leaving Land rover

I gave my 2 week notice to my boss. I am leaving the dealer for another shop. I will miss the brand tremendously. Being an owner and tech gave me the ability to sympathize and help anyone I could. I wish I didn't have to go but the dealer bs gave me no choice. I was the last pureblood rover guy in my shop. I know all the models regardless of year. I fear for you the client the most. But that fear began long before I decided to leave. The franchise was sold and we went from being kinds highprice to making LR Manhattan seem cheap. The family we were is gone. Everyone is now just a number. Everyone that came over from the other place is near gone. Half are gone or fired. I tried to go to another independent but they couldn't take me on. All the knowledge I have I do not want to waste it. I will find ways of releasing it and not to the dealer. The information I have was taught to me by the old masters. I respected them and they respected me. Guys nowadays just want the info. They don't want to learn anything. I feel for the customers the most.

If there is three things I want to impart on all of you owners it is to learn the vehicle, learn the science behind these wonderful vehicles. Most importantly, learn the art of diagnosis. With these three things there will not be any obstacle you can not overcome.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:33 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nicely said.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Man that sucks.
Best of luck to you, the old school die hards are the ones who really keep things going.
You can read all the books you want, but until you have actual hands on you have learned nothing.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you choose to stay with the marque somehow, it's a shame to let that experiance go idle. Having worked in and around dealerships since 1987 I can honestly say the BS is everywhere. My criteria for staying in any given job is that I have to fulfill 2 out of 3 important points: quality of work enviroment, quality of people I work with, money. As long as 2 of these are acceptable I can tolerate the other. Good luck.