New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Long time lurker in ATL...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Long time lurker in ATL...

Ready to join in on the fun… Bought my Disco in 2002 with about 6k miles on the odometer and now we’re pushing 120k; needless to say we’ve been through a lot over the years. I haven’t done too much hard core off road driving, but still looking to finally build this thing to be a very (ok, more) capable camping/go anywhere (zombie apocalypse) vehicle. I’ve gotten a lot of good info off this forum (been confused more than a few times too) and hope that I can eventually be of some assistance, to someone. Haven’t done too much wrench turning on my own, other than installing the roof rack, the side steps, rear step, replacing window regulators, oxygen sensors, a factory fog light, heater blower motor, knock-sensor, window power motors and most recently (last weekend) my first door lock actuator. Yeah, lots of little things.

In the works...

So I’ve finally decided to go ahead with a lift and plan on going with the OME 2” HD setup that includes;
2779 front HD springs
2762 rear HD springs
60024 front NitroCharger Sport shocks
60025 rear NitroCharger Sport shocks

And a new Steering Damper (SD02) too. Already been in contact with Lucky8 and will probably just end up ordering from them.

So other than the lift, I'm looking into a new HD front bumper. I don’t have my heart set on any specific one right now, but do like the ARB, RoverTym (wide face w/ full brush guard) and one from TerraFirma. I’m on the East Coast (Atlanta) so will mostly be driving dirt roads. Decisions, decisions, decisions… Also, I just scored off craigslist a new (never installed) set of RoverTym Rock Sliders w/ Nerf bars that I just couldn’t pass up (w/ Line-X). Then after the lift I’ll either go for some bigger tires on my 18s or more than likely try and find some 16s and put 265/75s on them. I only have about 5k miles on the 255/60 General Grabber AT2s I have on there now, but surely they won’t be enough for me after the lift. Guess I'll be looking to sell those here soon. Oh yeah, regardless of the setup I plan to have the wheels painted black. That’s all I can think of for now.

Last edited by overover02; 03-17-2014 at 05:04 PM. Reason: wrong tire size in my post.