New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

My first Land Rover (1984 90)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 03:39 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Land Rover (1984 90)

Hello All,
I'm new to the forums and I just got my first Landy a few weeks ago. It's been an instant addiction. And I can't seem to stop thinking about what I want to do next. I've tried to include a photo of it in this post, but if it doesn't work then I'll need some help with that. Well about the Land Rover:
It's an 84 B reg 90. It's had a motor swap done. The previous owner went through all the trouble of putting a 2.8L Diahatsu Diesel under the bonnet. Matched up with the L77 gear box.Which actully runs pretty good.Included in that swap was avery niceintercooler for the turbo (about the same size as the radiator) as well asa set of twin eletric fans mounted on the radiator. However they felt it nessissary to leave out the power steering. So needless to say I get a work out every day. I've had it painted flat NATO green with the classic white top. There are new mudd terrain tyres under it. And I've done a few other cosmetic things. Now I'm on the path to finding all the quirks and what needs fixing and what can be left alone. I've bought a spare tyre carrier to take away the abuse the rear door isgetting fromthe larger tyre mounted on it. There are two things I would like to do to this vehicle in the next few years. One is swap the motor back to a proper Land Rover motor, preferably a 200 TDi. And after looking at it closely and then looking on the net. I'd like to buy a new galvanized chassis for it. So if there any of you out there that has done either of those things, and can give me any advice please feel free.
Thanks.
If your from theEast Anglia areaI hope to see any of you out there some day.
Name:  copyof16Jun2.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  106.0 KB

Old 08-15-2007, 05:28 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My first Land Rover (1984 90)

Very Nice I think everyone would like a D-90 here in the U.S.