New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

my turn!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 05:55 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default my turn!

Hi all. My name is Jerry. I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess. (Thank you Red Green). Yesterday I was given(!) a 2000 Discovery. It is not currently "working" and I really don't know a lot about it. It is Silver and is still on my trailer. It has been Well used but I think that for the price I can fiddle for a bit. I have had one other Land Rover ever. It was a 67 109 Pickup. I have only ever seen one other one in a Tom Baker Doctor Who episode. I also have 3 Jaguars- a 92 Sovereign, a 94 xj6 (both Usually work) and a 66 3.8S which is under construction. Also a 2001 Dodge diesel that dragged the Discovery home. I am 100% certain I will be asking some pretty simple questions. Have a Nice day.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jerry! I think you'll find that there are a lot of knowledgeable and helpful individuals here who can help a guy (or gal) out when needed. There are many years of archived info accessible with the search function as well as links to the Rave, a great resource for working on your truck. You sound as if you have some experience working on vehicles so you're many steps ahead of someone like me. Don't worry about people not greeting you on this forum, we're a quiet (but kind) bunch and won't give you much trouble.

Keep your stick on the ice and remember we're all in this together

Old 06-20-2017, 06:02 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you, I got the truck to run using a key in/ wait 5 minutes procedure. I was able to drive it off the trailer and go for a short ( within walking distance) drive with no problems. When I tried to start it again the next day I got the same self- controlled hazards and so start. Very interesting. On the plus side, it was the first time I had used that trailer, and was quite pleased with the results there.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:32 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to the forum!! Happy to have you here and you can't beat free