New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Need help with info. Im a new member

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 03:29 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with info. Im a new member

AFTER A $5K transmission job that failed after about 30k miles, i had my 2004 LR Disco 2 towed to my home garage, where she's sat for 3 years. LR Dealer told me it needed a new engine. (They kept trying to get me to buy a new one) Many people offered to "take it of my hands" for free because it was junk. But I still LOVE my SE7. I put a new battery in her, and called a certified mechanic to come over to do a thorough diagnostic. His result...transmission is caput, but that's her only big problem. I'm excited with anticipation of getting her on the road again after I get her healty. I have time to do it right, I drive another car right now. All that said, I was told the repair shop that did the first trans job, did it poorly. Now, I need help finding a reputable shop in the South Jersey area that KNOWS LR Discos, and can do the job. I am set to order a reman trans from Atlantic British. Soooo: Can anyone steer me to a qualified mechanic? And, anybody had good/bad exoerience with Atlantic British for a reman trans? I bought smaller items from them already, like a new light signal, washer blades, brake pedal cover..work I did myself because I'm so excited with this project. I LOVE my Discovery, and I want her back. Thanks Everyone.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Go to The general tech help section and there is a sticky at the top of it with recommended shops there's one in New Jersey

Old 04-24-2015, 05:02 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep. Thank You. I saw that one in Garfield NJ. I would have to have it towed quite a distance. Hopeully someone will share a good experience they've had here in South Jersey. Thank You so much. Cheers.