New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Addition to my family

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Addition to my family

Hi All,

As of two weekends ago my wife and I are the proud owners of a 1999 LR D2, kinversand (sp) orange with 117000 miles including most all options except for the heated seats apparantly.

I wanted to thank all that support this site for the great information you have shared as it has already been of great value to me in researching our new vehicular addition to the family.

A special thanks to Disco Mike for his very informative information in the post regarding major service for 60/90k+ mileage vehicles... guess what I am starting on this next weekend..

I have quite the fix up list to start with but eventually want to bring this vehicle back to at least its former glory (sans thres amigos of course!). While it appears to be regularly serviced, at least for oil changes, it needs alot of TLC which I am positive I will be giving it with all of your help and advice!

The attached picture is of my wife and the D2 (she is the owner and soon to be daily driver) which we have dubbed "anne the pumpkin truck"... I have two months to get it all fixed up and ready for her use, so I will be relying heavily on these boards to assist with me achieving that goal! So thank you again for being here!

So far the list of fixes I found that need to be done are pretty common (in addition to the service items):
  • Replace Front Bumper (Apparantly was bumped and they cut off the bumper housing)
  • Replace Rear door hinges (looks like they have never been lubricated and appear to be sprung)
  • Replace L rear bumper end trim.
  • Replace / Rewire aftermarket stereo.
  • Investigate / resolve 3 amigos. (Ordering a ODB2 tester with 3Amigo Code reader this weekend)
  • Repair head lamp adjustment sockets (proper name escapes me)
  • Repair loose instrument cluster
  • Replace center console switch panel
  • Repair leak suspected from roof rack holes above front passenger seat.
  • Investigate cruise control malfunction.
  • Investigate replacement of steering wheel as right horn button is broken / other controls seem to not be properly seated.
  • Re-install jump seats (after rear door repair)
  • Repair jump seat headrest that is locked in the down position with no feeling in the release handle... (grrr)
and also by special request from my loving wife...

Clean carpeting, add new Floor mats, repair drooping headliner, replace tab on right front sun screen in the moon roof, install new seat covers for the front, and add coconut or vanilla scented yankee candle air freshener.

Attached Thumbnails New Addition to my family-pumpkintruck_resized.jpg  

Last edited by Belthasar; 05-03-2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Add Picture
Old 05-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the Addicted Person Counseling and Treatment Center. I hope you have plenty of disposable income and very few other addictions. She will love you for a while, hope it does not leave her stranded on the Beltway.....

Old 05-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thankfully we are no where near the beltway, rather in central virginia.