New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Disco owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 12:22 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Disco owner

My girlfriend has wanted a Land Rover for a long time, and I tried discouraging her from getting one since the first day we started looking for a new car. I read a lot of reviews, and they were mostly bad...maintenance costs are astronomical and shop time is frequent, etc. After months of looking, she jokingly emailed me a link to a local craigslist posting for a white 2000 Disco II. It said that the timing chain, water pump and head gasgets were recently changed so I told her we'd look at it. We spent $150 on a pre purchase inspection and got a print out of some O2 sensors and other minor repairs. Made the guy an offer, (which was more than I thought we should spend on it, but she loved the car and he wasn't really budging too much)

Long story short, we bought it last week. We both love it, besides the fact that there are a few minor quirks that need to be addressed. We also have a mechanic friend who is very good who will be charging us WAYYY less than the local Rover mechanic.

Probably going to keep very stock...tinted windows and maybe Range Rover wheels. We'll see :-)

Old 11-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds great. Hopefully you will convert from being a downer to being a lover of Land Rovers. You should download the RAVE manual that is a LR released service manual for your rover. It is in certain peoples signatures.
Cheers.