New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New girl w/ Discovery wants to drive to Africa

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 01:42 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New girl w/ Discovery wants to drive to Africa

Hey! I just bought my Landrover Discovery in August and I LOVE IT!!! It's used, but had a brand new engine put in and I got the most amazing deal on it. The Discovery is my dream car, and I saw it at a car lot in my town one day and had to check it out. It was exactly what I wanted! Leather interior, automatic everything, the previous owner had taken meticulous care of it. It's been a great car for me so far, and I'm stoked about it. My friend and I are trying to find some way to take it to Africa. But we must drive. We're seriously researching the Bering Straight, and keep getting the craziest looks. But what better vehicle to drive around the world in? I think it could be a great publicity move for Landrover A young, attractive girl and her also-attractive friend who drive the all-mighty, unstoppable Landrover clear to Africa? Yeah, I'd like to get a hold of someone high up who wouldn't mind sponsoring me for that trip. At the very least, award me with a new Rover when I make it there! Who else thinks that would be a cool idea?

Old 01-20-2009, 01:44 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: New girl w/ Discovery wants to drive to Africa

It could also be cool to film, of course, and submit for TV or a film festival. I think it's an excellent idea that a lot of people would be interested in following!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where are you from? and more importantly how attractive are you and are you single... will you marry me?

Old 01-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Drifting

Re: Bering Straight, take a look at the video "Long Way Around", motorcyclists crossing the Russian continent.

Also, you might consider joining Expetition Portal: http://www.expeditionportal.com/ lots of people into that sort of thing there.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Lmao

Old 02-06-2009, 09:51 AM
4wd High

I really hope this is a joke. Though, a couple girls from Utah in a Discoverydisappearing in an ice floe in the Bering Strait would probably make the news.Dr. Gordon Thomas, a well-established Canadian adventurer and Dr. Dmitry Shparo tried. You can read about it here: http://www.maxadventure.co.uk/exped_lrge1.htm

Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Overlanding

Overlanding the African continent isn't a small undertaking. As far as sponsorships go, having once been an industry "insider" for another type of vehicle that people are always seeking sponsorship... it's almost never going to happen without having connections. Connections get built over time in the auto industry or in something that relates to the product being promoted. So, get dialed in with an overland expedition company and build experience from there. Or, get a job with a LR or 4x4 business and build experience from there. Frankly, straight out of the gate, there's almost no chance of getting sponsorship.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:35 PM
1st Gear

2003 Discovery