New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New guy..New clutch ...How much free travel on pedal ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 12:21 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy..New clutch ...How much free travel on pedal ?

Hi,
I'm new to forums so please make allowances.
I own a '94 disco 300TDi with 98k on it.Just lately I've had it in for a new rear main oil seal fitted.The garage that I use is not a landrover agent but is run by a mechanic who is a certified landrover technician.He's serviced the disco for the last 10 yrs and has always done a good job in the past.He explained that whilst replacing the oil seal, he recommended putting in a new clutch assembly as he had to remove the gearbox and the original clutch with it.This was done....Also, a new slave cylinder and new fork was fitted.
I now find that the free travel on the pedal is approx. 80% and I have to have the pedal hard down on the floor in order to engage/dis engage gears.From a standing start,after engaging gear,the clutch engages immediately I lift my foot,sometimes resulting in a stall.
Driving is now very uncomfortable as I have had to adjust my seat position in order to get my foot to the floor,and my left leg is now 6inches longer than my right
I have spoken to the mechanic and he tells me that this is how it should be,as there is no adjustment.------Would bleeding the hydraulics sort it?
Advice on this is very much appreciated