New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New member with 1998 disco ?s used this site lots just never joined.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 12:28 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New member with 1998 disco ?s used this site lots just never joined.

Ok I have a 1998 disco 50 year anniversary addition has 113k. I have done everything to this thing almost it seems redid the brake system head gaskets fuel pump entire exhaust system,wires,plugs,power steering gearbox,O2 sensors,air and idle sensors and a ton of other stuff. I have always had a idle issue up to the time I redid my head gaskets and changing out a few things.It use to idle high had to manually adjust it down but fixed it some doing so. Well after changing the water pump on it a few months after it just didn't start it will try to turn over every now and then missfired but wouldn't run.We checked with a spark checker on my wires all are sparking has plenty of fuel pressure. I just put in a timing chain had my brother help me with it just to make sure I didn't fug stuff up just for a second pair of eyes and hands.Well figured it would fix the problem ran into this before just not with a disco say on my wife's car and a few friends and such it usually was out of time. Well put my timing points 6 and 12 oclock position on the gears top being 6 and bottom 12 what I seen in a do it your self on disco's I pulled from a link a guy put up from here.It does not give me a check engine light or I would try to scan the problem with my scan tool.It just don't start it don't really even try to start only every now and then you get happy it seem like it might fire but nothing.It's getting spark from the wires I'm going to change the plugs just to make sure it's not them but they don't seem that bad off to not even remotely get close to starting my disco.If you could shoot me some things that might help or get me in the right direction on fixing this please send them I'm not trying to take this to a shop and sorry for the book I wrote.If you need more info on it to help you just ask I'll give what I can.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Welcome aboard

Old 08-30-2015, 10:05 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome to the forum.