New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

Hi there,

Great Site, lots of great tips!

I'm currently living just outside of Toronto (from UK originally) and own a 2003 DII 150k. Since buying it i have had a few things done (three amigos, new tyres, new brakes etc) and its cost me quite a bit but still love the truck!

I am developing a long list of things that are bothering me which i want to get sorted with the help of this forum. One thing i am keen to get hold of is a fault code reader and not sure how to get the best value for money here in Canada. Can anyone advise on options and where the best place would be to get one?

I could do with getting some support from a good garage in the Toronto area, anyone know a good independant mechanic with LR V8 knowledge/experience?

Cheers,

J

Old 08-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Likes on 81 Posts

The best value is an Ultra Gauge, which is about $70 US. It will read codes, reset codes, plus display live data (like coolant temp in digital fashion), and allow you to set alarm points for such. Plugs into same port (called the OBDII port). Here in the US some auto parts stores will read codes for free, and also some loan/rent code readers.

See UltraGauge Automotive Information Center and OBDII Scan Tool