New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New Member in Northern Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 08:59 AM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Member in Northern Colorado

Hi all,

I've been a member here for about 6 months now, but figured it was time for me to introduce myself. My name is Matt and I live in Fort Collins, CO, and I've really appreciated all of the fantastic advice, useful tips and general guidance towards upgrading and maintaining these awesome rigs. In July of last year (2021) I purchased my second ever Disco (first one was back in college): a remarkably clean (inside AND out) 2003 Discovery II SE with ~245,000 miles on the truck (~100k on the current/second engine). It was clearly a garaged vehicle for the majority of its life, and it came with every single receipt for repairs and parts since about 20k miles onward.

Following the guidance of the longtime users on this forum, I have already completed a number of the most-recommended upgrades – Extinct's inline thermostat mod, upgraded front driveshaft from BPU, added an Ultragauge and complete fluid and filter changes/flushes – as well as a number of other basic maintenance and repairs. Unfortunately, we suffered two pretty bad overheatings before I could install the Extinct mod and Ultragauge, one of them decidedly worse than the other. As can be expected, the right side head gasket has started to go, and I'm now looking at putting a new engine in the rig.

Given that I will likely be needing advice and help as I work through that process, I thought it was a good time for me to say "hello" and introduce myself. If there is anyone else here up in the northern Colorado or southern Wyoming area, I'd love to connect to hear about local resources you've found as well as maybe meet up for an off-road trek sometime.

Cheers!

Matt
Fort Collins, CO
2003 LR Disco II SE – 247k miles