New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New member Richmond, Va '93 RR County LWB

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 07:42 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member Richmond, Va '93 RR County LWB

Hello everyone I'm new here, 23 years old, male, live in Richmond, Va, Usa & I just picked up a 1993 Range Rover County LWB 4.2L with 127k miles on it. Looking to meet some fellow Rover lovers & gain knowledge of these beautiful vehicles so that one day I can be the one giving advice instead of asking for it (:

I got it for practically nothing just a few parts and some work on a customer's '85 Mercedes & he traded this in for the work It's a little rough but all in all not too bad I am anxious to fix it up and restore it! I put on a starter now just need a fuel pump for it to stay running as well as a battery and a set of tires so I can put it on the road while I slowly but surely take care of everything else.

My future plans(when finances allow, of course):
-Repair all the rust with new sheetmetal(no bondo)
-Replace the rear window frame if I can find one in decent shape xD
-Front brush guard, Safari roof rack, Sandblast & re-paint taillight guards
-Lift a few inches, nothing too extreme
-Will probably re-paint it back to OE Beluga Black & keep the stock wheels
-Find a parts vehicle with the lighter shade of tan to do an interior swap
-Possibly have a 2nd sunroof installed over the backseats (still undecided there)

Anything else you want to know feel free to ask!

This was taken before I took the ugly sideboards off:

& After:

Attached Thumbnails New member Richmond, Va '93 RR County LWB-driversside2.jpg   New member Richmond, Va '93 RR County LWB-rrc1.jpg   New member Richmond, Va '93 RR County LWB-rrc2.jpg  
Old 12-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome. The factory shop and body manual is the RAVE, free download links. Overheating is the real thing to watch out for, the heat gauge is not real accurate. You are in an area of the country where a 180F stat could work pretty good. Old rad will be copper and brass, an indy rad shop can unsolder a tank and rod it out, plus hot flush, under $100 near me. Another thing is that previous owners usually changed the oil when they felt like it, and left everything under the truck to fend for itself.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your reply! I finally got the fuel pump in and the engine sounds pretty good no overheating or major leaks from what i could tell. Only problem I'm having right now is that when I shut the car off, the key will not come out of the ignition unless I disconnect the battery :/