New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New from Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Michigan

Hi there from Michigan. My name is Pudge and my Rover has owned me for just over 8 years. I reckon Rovers are like cats, as they have staff, and apparently I’m one of them. I’m married, my husband strongly dislikes the Rover and wishes I’d ditch it as soon as possible. I feel like she’s part of the family, even if she is incontinent at times, and I don’t want to put her down. Seeing as I’m in this on my own, I will tell you the extent of my studies and hopefully, with the help of kind folk such as yourselves, I can knock out some of her idiosyncrasies.

She’s a 2002 Discovery, Olso Blue, 140,000 miles and has had a lot of the trouble spots worked on. Head gaskets were resurfaced three years ago along with water pump replacement, viscous clutch and power steering pump, the front drive shaft replaced five years ago, throttle body heater replaced, XYZ switch 8 years ago, and routine maintenance such as oil changes, brake jobs, etc. too. I have had professionals work on the above (aside from changing the oil once by myself.. did I say once?) but I am hoping to tackle the smaller items as I am able – she needs quite a few cosmetic fixes as she’s showing her age.

I am aware of the Rave, have a copy of it and will consult it prior to asking any questions. I am also aware of the search function here and have found some useful information already (you guys know your stuff!). I have a clean garage and a workbench of tools, so with that being said, here I am, willing to learn and try something new. I’m not afraid of getting my hands dirty or oil in my hair but I am afraid of dismembering my digits so if I squeal a little you’ll know the source of my frustration

Old 09-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Welcome Pudge! What part of MI? I grew up and still have family in Grand Rapids. There are a few other members from MI as well. Owning a rover seems to be a love hate relationship. We love them and our spouses typically hate them.
Post some pictures when you get a chance. Enjoy the forums

Old 09-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks RedRovin'

We live in Port Huron but get over to GR every so often - I love visiting Frederik Meijer gardens! Looking forward to spending some quality time working on the Rover and fixing some of these things that have been neglected for awhile. I'll post some photos when able. Many thanks and stay cool - have to imagine it's fairly hot right now in Texas!

Old 09-19-2016, 01:56 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome to the LR family.