New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

New PNW Member - Disco 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 11:41 PM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New PNW Member - Disco 1

I'm transitioning from my fourth 1st gen Isuzu Trooper. I've been a fan of LR3's for some time but have never owned one. Tooling on vehicles has become somewhat of a relaxing thing for me. I recently picked up a 1995 Discovery from Oregon. She's got some electrical issues I'm working through but weren't deal breakers for me. I've got a wiper stalk coming this week which should fix my lack of blinkers (tested fuses and multimeter at the connections, brake lights that only light up when the lights are on then stay on until I turn the lights off, and the front wipers that don't work at all. I've tested the motor pulled out with a 12v and leads and it works. Might need to replace that stalk too and needs valve cover gaskets. I'll manage my way through those things, reading before asking of course, and hope to have an adventure build mostly completed by summer. I will be going through all the fluids this weekend and doing plugs/wires. Planning on a 3-inch lift, extended brake lines, bigger tires. I don't mind the 3.9. It's simple and been around long enough for plenty of parts availability. I'm excited to add another ride to my stable without it being so much a project.

The following users liked this post:
LRDisco23 (02-19-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 11:17 AM
TReK
Received 495 Likes on 430 Posts

Welcome to the forum. D1 will be a great vehicle for the PNW.

Old 02-20-2022, 06:22 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stlswagger
I'm transitioning from my fourth 1st gen Isuzu Trooper. I've been a fan of LR3's for some time but have never owned one. Tooling on vehicles has become somewhat of a relaxing thing for me. I recently picked up a 1995 Discovery from Oregon. She's got some electrical issues I'm working through but weren't deal breakers for me. I've got a wiper stalk coming this week which should fix my lack of blinkers (tested fuses and multimeter at the connections, brake lights that only light up when the lights are on then stay on until I turn the lights off, and the front wipers that don't work at all. I've tested the motor pulled out with a 12v and leads and it works. Might need to replace that stalk too and needs valve cover gaskets. I'll manage my way through those things, reading before asking of course, and hope to have an adventure build mostly completed by summer. I will be going through all the fluids this weekend and doing plugs/wires. Planning on a 3-inch lift, extended brake lines, bigger tires. I don't mind the 3.9. It's simple and been around long enough for plenty of parts availability. I'm excited to add another ride to my stable without it being so much a project.
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by severiano; 02-20-2022 at 06:49 AM.