New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

NoobTube

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012 | 05:39 PM
|
Overlanding
Default NoobTube

Hi everyone, i am new this year to the land rover scene. I started out buying a 93 RRC LWB from an auction and then i purchased a 04 Disco with a blown head gasket. I used to be more of a car guy, i have owned many many car. 04 gto, 03 vette z06, bunch of audis, couple bmws, some 944s and i just sold my 04 turbo r32. I am a huge german car nut. My plans are to fix up the RRC and do an OM617 swap in my 04 disco. I have replaced the headgasket twice now, all the holes have tried to pull out of the block and are heli-coiled. but they still wont hold so i guess its time to timesert. I was hoping by now i would have a 3" lift and some 32's, but this head issue its just annoying now. anyways, Hello, my name is Levi, I'm from Montana. I hope to get good info and will try to help out.

Old 08-16-2012 | 05:40 PM
|
Overlanding

Oh and if anyone knows of someone renting out the timesert kit that would be great! and if not, then i will be purchasing one to use and rent out.

Old 08-19-2012 | 03:01 AM
|
Overlanding

2 rovers together

picture when i first got my disco, so far removed running boards, grille guard (soon to be for sale), and next side molding. plans 3" terrafirma w/32" BFG AT's Plati-dip either white orange or tan

bought from an auction, full factory air ride. 85k original miles. plan to fix up and sell

Old 08-19-2012 | 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Welocme. Be sure to photo document and post as you go along on the Mercedes conversion. Another one is underway on here recently.