New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Not new to Rovers, but new here. Maintain, maintain, drive, repeat!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 08:32 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not new to Rovers, but new here. Maintain, maintain, drive, repeat!

I've been looking in on this site for the past few years. I've always been a fan of the early rovers, especially the RHDs. I've never had the clout to grab one up but, last year whilst looking for a good 4x4(we have a house in upstate NY)I ran across a 92 RRC SWB on Ebay. Seemed like a good deal, and it was super clean underneath(unheard of in the upstate for that year). Turns out, it was a Cali car. After about six months of steady driving and replacing this and thats I built a rack for it out of EMT conduit and my trusty mig and set out for the beach in Oak Island NC to visit family. Mileage was around 16mpg. Not bad considering the weight and the fact is has Goodyear G90's. got there with no issues. Stayed for two weeks, surfing etc and lit out for NE Georgia to see my Dad and help a friend build his house. On the way the RRC started bucking with acceleration and up hills. Got it to my Dad's and parked it. Bought a '03 Mazda pickup(what I could afford)and drove it for two weeks until I saw a CL ad for a Disco trade. Met the guy made the trade and been a happy Disco owner ever since. I love it. It's high mileage, so I'm making my way through Mike's maintenance list at good clip. The money goes quick, but the results are what you would expect. Glad to part of the community!Finally! I'd still love an RHD. I've just heard of the Diesel Disco! Wow. Imagine getting 30mpg with a Discovery! You couldn't beat me away from that.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

still waiting for my 4.6 to blow so i can put a diesel in. the darn thing just keeps on going.
welcome.
jon

Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Greetings to the forum. Lots of great guys and gals on here with a wealth of infomation. Use the search tab above for questions as you wont be the first to come across a problem with a Land Rover product... Enjoy the frustration and joy that comes with owning a classic British vehicle