New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Officially buggered

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 02:43 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Officially buggered

Ok, I joined the forum a while ago and have been trying every search function I can solve my issue. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is gong on. Here is my issue and I hope someone can help me out. Driving down the road going to work turtle was running as good as she always has (1996 d1, auto tranny) came to a stoplight and dies. Not the first time this has ever happened. Normally check the relays,in the past it was the fuel pump relay, swap it then I'm good to go. This time however was different. No swapping could get the turtle to fire. No power to the pump, no spark. Call aaa. Get her home and start the troubleshooting. This is not a new concept for me I am a military trained avionics mechanic. Moving forward I reser the tip over switch,test and repair every relay, check all connections to the pump. I finally get power to the pump. Now on to the no spark, test and confirm no spark via plug and multiple coil. Turns out to be ckp sensor. Replaced it reinstalled it as per rave but I it only had 1 bolt holding it to the engine( noticed a small wear mark on the sensor itself). Next crank the turtle is running smooth as silk(smoothest running v8 ever). Next day drive to work no problems,on the way home I start to notice a bit of a stumble. Then get home and boom... No spark again. Looked at the maf, dirty. Cleaned it. Let it dry and nothing. Thought may be it was the immobilizer, cleared it using the door lock method, nothing. Then I took the new ckp sensor out, same wear mark in the sensor. I am out a week of troubleshooting and now at a point of "what the f@&$do I do now?" I mean could it be a bent flex plate ring? Can someone please help me out. Thanks in advance