New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

rover noob

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 01:42 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rover noob

I have been looking for a rover fourm w/some actual posters. I'm glad to see all the action around here. Irecently bought a 70k mile 96 discovery from my friend. I was happy to find it has a blown HG. No big deal, just a head swapp, i figured i would look around before i tore into it. We do plenty of wrenching, we do highcompression, high boost(=high stressed) turbocharged toys, and i would like to supercharge this thing in the next year, and throw one of these megasquirt(programable ecu) on to keep things together.

only qustion would be are there any easy engine swapps if this one is not up to the task, goal of about 410hp crank would do plenty, should be no problem w/a 4.0 and some boost. i figure on maybe messaging some more squish by taking a little off the deck, some groves in the head and maybe some larger ex valves would do the trick, if the crank and rods are up to it.

thanks for listening to me ramble

Old 04-23-2007, 03:51 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rover noob

ORIGINAL: benflynn

I have been looking for a rover fourm w/some actual posters. I'm glad to see all the action around here. Irecently bought a 70k mile 96 discovery from my friend. I was happy to find it has a blown HG. No big deal, just a head swapp, i figured i would look around before i tore into it. We do plenty of wrenching, we do highcompression, high boost(=high stressed) turbocharged toys, and i would like to supercharge this thing in the next year, and throw one of these megasquirt(programable ecu) on to keep things together.

only qustion would be are there any easy engine swapps if this one is not up to the task, goal of about 410hp crank would do plenty, should be no problem w/a 4.0 and some boost. i figure on maybe messaging some more squish by taking a little off the deck, some groves in the head and maybe some larger ex valves would do the trick, if the crank and rods are up to it.

thanks for listening to me ramble

Try either the Disco link or the Mod forums. you can get more help there.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: rover noob

Check out the RPI Engineering site in England. Over there --- the Rover V8 is their "small block Chevy", and these guys have been making serious horsepower for many years.

regards,
Geoman
www.eurotekapg.com