New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Search is over!!! 04 Disco is in the fold.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 03:17 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Well, until something needs fixed...lol.

The following users liked this post:
Daytoman (12-25-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 07:12 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Well, until something needs fixed...lol.
Exactly!!! The funny thing is that her Disco Sport is just about out of warranty. We’re actually talking about selling it and buying ANOTHER Disco 2 and having her drive that for awhile. She works part time, three days a week and close to home so she doesn’t really NEED a brand new car, although we have become accustomed to always having them LOL! However, Losing a car payment would be awesome and provide a slush fund for mods and repairs for her (and my) Disco. After selling her DS, in just 10 months of saving back her current car payment I could have enough for an engine and cooling system swap/upgrade for her Disco 2. Our original plan was to squeak by a little longer with her DS and wait for the new Defender to go on sale, but things are looking much different. We’ll see.

Old 12-25-2018, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytoman
wait for the new Defender to go on sale, but things are looking much different. We’ll see.

Lot of us are anxiously awaiting to see the new defender roll out

Daytoman (12-26-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 10:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 260 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Not all of us. . My Disco experience has made me fall back in love with more “vintage” machines. Having 90% of what new cars have with pennies in cost, plus the satisfaction of keeping it going by your own hands makes it all that much better.

The super duper cool thing about the Disco is that you get that vintage cool guy feel, while having most modern amenities (heated leather seats, quiet ride, cruise control, power everything, good AC and heat, sunroofs). I think it’s one of best machines out there for hitting so many button at such a cheap entry fee.

Daytoman (12-26-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 01:20 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Yup, very close. Look for some kind of announcement from LR about the Defender tomorrow. Not sure if its going to big news or not but they will say something. I expect it to be unvieled before the end of January,,,but ya never know.

Old 12-26-2018, 01:27 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by longtallsally

Not all of us. . My Disco experience has made me fall back in love with more “vintage” machines. Having 90% of what new cars have with pennies in cost, plus the satisfaction of keeping it going by your own hands makes it all that much better.

The super duper cool thing about the Disco is that you get that vintage cool guy feel, while having most modern amenities (heated leather seats, quiet ride, cruise control, power everything, good AC and heat, sunroofs). I think it’s one of best machines out there for hitting so many button at such a cheap entry fee.
You are absolutely right!..hit the nail squarely on the head. Ive had older Broncos and a few old RamChargers they were cool but they were nothing my wife (or me) would would ever consider to drive on a daily basis. Not so with the Disco. It’s kind of the best of both worlds. One other thing I’m going to do is get a Pioneer AVH-3300NEX with Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth and DVD installed in the Disco with front and rear cameras. With that addition, it’ll be very well equipped.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 260 Likes on 173 Posts

Does yours have the Harmon Kardon stereo? My first D2 didn’t but the latest one does and it actually is a dramatic difference in quality. The subs were changed at some point, but the OEM mods and highs rock and all I did was a simple Pioneer HU (DEH 8800 or something like that) and I have BT. ADV, I use the phone and kids are on an iPad each, so it’s all good in that way too.

We are on the trip back home from Christmas in my wife’s blown L320. On the way we did about 400 miles with the cruise at over 90. And we still got better economy at that speed than the Disco. THAT thing is the ultimate high speed family cruiser.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:33 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Congrats. Is it my imagination or does it already have a lift?

Brian.
You called it! I literally just figured out that it has an Old Man OME lift. The PO didnt even know it. Learning new stuff all the time.

​​​​​​​

Old 03-10-2024, 09:37 AM
Rock Crawling

Well it’s been 5 years. Here’s Clarkson now. He was in the shop for nearly TWO YEARS (long story) Mod update soon. More mods to come!

Old 03-10-2024, 02:36 PM
TReK
Received 489 Likes on 424 Posts

Looks great!

Daytoman (03-10-2024)

Quick Reply: Search is over!!! 04 Disco is in the fold.