New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

A Texan living on Long Island

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 01:16 AM
7th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A Texan living on Long Island

Purchased my 2003 Discovery about 8 months ago for $750 previous owner got scammed by the Rover Stealership, they told her she needed a new transmission. Long story short it sat in her driveway for about a year, randomly one day I decided to ask what was wrong with it or if it was for sale. She informed me it needed a transmission. I was immediately turned off by the idea of it needing a transmission swap. Long story short a few weeks go past, and I saw an older man trying to push it, stopped in and asked if they needed help. He informed me that he just wanted it gone "Junkyard was coming" I asked how much they where giving him for it, he said $700 still not sold on it yet, so I decided to ask if I could take a look at it, crawled under immediately to take a peak and instantly notice the front driveshaft had a TON of slop, could literally shake it about 1/2" by hand up and down. Asked if they had the keys etc. obviously the battery was dead, so I jumped it off with my Jeep. Cranked and idled on the 2nd attempt, "good sign" decided to put it in gear, and as soon as it went in gear i felt the driveshaft thunk, and knew the Stealership got them. Fast forward 24 hours, I bought it from them for $750 replaced from driveshaft for $75, drove it home. I have been daily driving it ever since, now to the point of this post in regards to the thread topic.

I woke up this morning and decided I was going to turn it into a typical Adventure Rig! So I ordered the 3" Terrafirma Lift w/ brake lines, amazon special front/rear bumpers, and winch, along with a rooftop tent. I will buy Tires later down the road as I just put new tires on it when I bought it "Yokohama Geolanders"

Everyone likes photos, so here are a few, from oldest to newest.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:20 AM
7th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ordered a few things to begin the build, Front Bumper, winch, cup holders, Lighting.

Click to check them out.
-
Bumper DA5645
-
Smittybilt x20 10k Synthetic line Smittybilt x20 10k Synthetic line
-
Led Round Lighting "safari look" Led Round Lighting "safari look"
-
Stainless Cup Holders

Old 04-16-2019, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts