New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

THANK YOU!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THANK YOU!

So I jumped right into discussion and pleading for help without introducing myself first

My name is Annie Kelly. I bought my 2003 Discovery SEyesterday, after I received some positive feedback on the one I was lemming for. I currently reside in Jerome, AZ...an old mining town clinging to the side of a mountain in northern Arizona. Lots of off road opportunities up here! I also plan on several trips, including a few back to my old stomping grounds of northern Michigan.

I am gal who does not know a lick about cars, save for gassing up and driving off. I am one that was coddled by her dad (he would actually call AHEAD before I hit Jiffy Lube for an oil change...good grief). I have never purchased my own car; this Disco is my first!
I plan on over the years transforming it from the rather "fluffy" street vehicle the previous owner wished it was and turning it into a true piece of off road goodness. I am an archaeologist bytraining and an archivist by profession...but I plan on returning to the field eventually.

Lastly, but certainly not least: a big THANK YOU to all you folks who have helped me over the past week with my new purchase. I went in completely informed about what to look foras well as knowledge abouta few the major issues with '03 Discos...the sales reps were thoroughly impressed!