New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

trans shift problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 08:54 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans shift problems

Hi my name is mark i seem to have a problem i think it may be converter clutch related when u let off the accelerater pedal it feels like the torque converter is not releasing u have stronge engine braking this happens all the time when u start to accelerate u have to be very light on the pedal or u have a harsh drive line bang or jerk if u touch the brake before u let off the accerleator pedal it dosnt seem to do the harsh jerk i am a gm mech some of the 700 transmissions did some thing like this it was allways tcc solonoid or sticking tcc valve i got this disco 2 about a year ago it is a 2003 4.6 has no air ride 123000 miles hey for give my spelling never posted on any site before als think some one removed the mil light or its blown i dont have a scan tool for this its been a long time sence i worked in the transmission field i did look through the forum for info cant find a trans manual down loaded rave man and the bosh mans not sure im posting in the correct place