New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Venturing into new waters....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 12:21 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Venturing into new waters....

Hello all! I'm Tony - I have always been a sports car kind of guy but with 3 little kids and an obsession with drones and filming and large RC planes I needed something even bigger than my 4 door sport saloon....so here I am. Picked up a well loved '06 LR3 HSE with 113K of mostly highway miles...

I've only had it a few days before the dealership I bought it from asked for it back to get a smog done...no biggy until the check engine light came on...luckily they hadn't prepped the car ahead of me buying it so they're stuck with the fix...not too bad just an o2 sensor and other odd bits...can't wait to get it camping and wheeling...already have a laundry list of improvements I want to make after I completely flush every fluid in the beast and see what I'm really dealing with ... she runs like a top but figured I'd get this off on the right foot.

one thing I've been dying to find out though...for those that actually wheel these machines what wheel / tire combo do you guys use? looks like a very limited 17" wheels (if any) will fit our vehicles so are we stuck with using an 18" - currently my rims are the 19" variety but doesn't leave much sidewall for flexing....any hints would be appreciated...and of course I'll be searching here and there as well....

Anyhow, I'll see if I can't throw in some cool drone footage of some wheeling when I finally get it all setup and running....happy trails

Old 03-28-2016, 03:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

The following users liked this post:
Tony Aguilar (04-05-2016)