New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Wanna-be Disco owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 AM
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wanna-be Disco owner

Team,
So I used to work part time as a mechanic, and occasionally had the (dis)pleasure of working on Land Rover's (D1s); typically leaks or electrical gremlins. For the longest time after that, I really didn't like anything with the name Rover in the title (or Jaguar for that matter). I'm not sure what happened, I have had a change of heart and now I really have got to have one. My outback is too shiny and not up to the off-roading I would like to do, land cruisers and H1s are way too pricey and broncos and jeeps don’t excite me. I love the boxy look and plethora of glass on the Land Rovers. Maybe it's the lifted/snorkeled G4 I walk past almost every day at work, maybe it's the prospect maintenance challenge - my girlfriend jokes that if I'm looking at getting a new-to-me motorcycle, I won’t want it if it runs (they are always cheaper that way and usually easy to make run). Anyway, I have been watching non-running or maintenance needy 90s and early 00s come and go on CL for a while and I have a small cache of cash to work with.

I hope have one soon and will be looking here for tips and trick.

Cheers
Shannon