New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

We met down the shore

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 08:33 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We met down the shore

She may be from England, but she's a Jersey girl to me. (Lots of time and money) Presently we live in Florida.

First time poster, long time reader.

Thanks to discomike, rovermastertech and others.

Just wants to say hi and give you a little background on my truck.

She breaks, a lot, but is the most fun vehicle I've ever owned. She's been to the mountains of northern Vermont, Brooklyn, the Florida keys, every beach in NJ and many places between.

Overall she is in very good health. Bit of collision damage from being parked on Asbury Ave after a long night for someone.

So far I've resolved:
a failed window switch. It was pouring. I disconnected the harness ends and used a good switch to get to window up in the rain. Some Mass Airflow Cleaner saved the switch.

A rear gate that wouldn't open. I was moving and all of my clothes were locked in the back. Lubed and solved.

Rovermastertech replaced the thermostat and tighten a few bits.

Today I picked up some new oil and a filter. I'm going to change that and then start hunting leaks. Looks like transfercase, throttle body warming plate.

Looking into the aftermarket solution for the front rod. Condo living in florida limits job scope. I must be able to rent lift space somewhere around vero beach.

The sound system drives me crazy. Haven't decided what to do here yet. I'd like more range and volume. Also Bluetooth in, a screen and backup camera are wish list items.

I plan to flush coolant and check all fluids and solve a check engine light this weekend. That appears to be a front o2 sensor. I don't drive her during the week.

Drivers seat side leather is cracking. Door fabric accents are looking dingy and dated.

Sorry for rambling, just passionate about her.

Thanks for the massive amount of information and sometimes lively debate you folks have.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Welcome!

Old 08-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Sounds like a nice truck and you have your head on your shoulders! Best of luck with all things rover!