Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Anti BBS thread (now Deleted)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anti BBS thread (now Deleted)

As some may recall, just over a week ago, this forum, along with others, was abused in respect of a junior member using it to post up anti Blackbox Solutions Ltd (BBS) comments in an attempt to Blackmail BBS.

Of course with the reknowned reputation BBS has, many members posted up in our defence and many instantly realised that something smelt very fishy about this.

They were not wrong

I responded by posting up on the thread that we were investigating this case and that i would duly publish a complete report about this.

However our investigation seems to have triggered a complete about face by the poster and an attempt to back track things.

The origional thread was deleted, and i believe this only due to the original poster systematically deleting all his posts making the entire thread unviable.

For the benefit of everyone who was involved or read this thread, we have now concluded our investigations and we have indeed published our report here.

Timothy Madson thread INDEX

As with this forum and the others affected bar one, BBS does not tolerate abuse, personal attacks, racisim and of course certainly not Blackmail.

I offer my appreciation and thanks to everyone who has supported us in this case.

ATB

Colin

Old 11-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow. Good read. Thanks for the follow up!

Old 11-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

re: The origional thread was deleted, and i believe this only due to the original poster systematically deleting all his posts making the entire thread unviable.

Actually, the administrator removed the thread at request of the OP. You are correct that he could delete or edit his own posts, but the others would have remained had the entire thread not been pulled.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow, that was quite the read. Both of those guys sound like enormous tools.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,509 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Honestly it makes you wonder if he was off his meds...

Old 11-04-2012, 10:12 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

He is someone used to getting what he wants. Instead of buying one at a regular price he used his business contacts to get it cheaper or free. In fact I bet the other guy just handed it over to him for pennies on the dollar in exchange for something else. After it didn't work he figured he would just blackmail and get his way. When Colin called his bluff and called the company that bought it, no one knew anything and I bet the guy in the company was reprimanded by the accountant for cheating the company out of all of this money. Forced to pay the entire bill supposedly he used his company to make an invoice to make it happen. Five bucks says he was cheating both companies out of money to get a free fault mate. Got caught and the part is now back to BBS.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all for your appreciation of my electing to still post up the report that details exactly all the goings on behind the scenes in this almost unbelievable case.

I know it is a bit long, i tried to condense it, But It sure does make quite an interesting read and now those that were wondering about the origional thread can see for themselves that BBS acted professionally and correctly at all times, even in the face of such unwarranted abuse.

Yea i read that after i posted SB, After reading Army Rovers declaration that the thread would not be deleted, i figured something must have forced this to happen. And i knew that this guy would have done anything to backtack and cover this up. I also now read with interest.

Funny he contacted me threatening the forum if we let Colin post his emails with any contact info of his.
Which is of course just adds more of the same.

Fortunately, as you see, despite the provocation, we remain professional and so edited all personal contact detail out.

Perhaps now that the full story has come to light, as well as the reasons the OP wanted this thread deleted, the board might consider un deleting this thread and preventing the accusational posts from being deleted in the future. After all a lot of regular members put a lot of effort into adding their thoughts and comments on it, and it would be wrong to delete the contribution of so many other members based upon the selfish wishes of just one who only joined this forum for his own personal agenda.

Just a thought and my 2 Cents worth

ATB

Colin

Old 11-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

The bad thing about Google and other search engines is that multiple negative comments bubble to the top, and few are diligent enough to dig down to the bottom. IMHO if there were lots of negatives from multiple persons, with no response from the vendor, the post would probably stay. I suspect that all are best served by having more correct information and less inuendo and venting.

Now this could also be a point where perhaps careful review of the web site and marketting literature might point to a need for some very frank and clear statements of how things work. Not that what is there now is not good, but every public relations department continues to improve things or they are not needed. So he may have done you a favor by raising a complaint. Lets face it, if a high powered energy company manager can't understand the rules, how will a shade tree mechanic like myself who reads on 5th grade level?

On the other hand, most managers and business owners and representatives have encountered a tough customer who is not satisfied even if the technician is tied to his tool box and thrown over the bridge, the service manager is boiled in used tranny fluid, and the owner is slow roasted over the glowing coals of his business on a spit made from drive shafts and turned by sadistic attorneys. These tough customers test our customer service tools and help keep them sharp.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure how many high powered energy companies still have a '99 Rover on their fleet books. Which is what I read from Colin's threads as the modules that he wanted to license. Which makes it seem more likely to have been buying something personal use on the company dime and getting flagged.