Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Charlottesville

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 10:57 AM
TReK
Received 480 Likes on 403 Posts

I saw that too.
And NO, definately not.
That was/is ridiculous. I don't condone the pure hatered.
I think most everyone other than them understands that too. Which is why I originally said; Let them march and protest, and pay no attention to them. Giving them any ears helps to give them a voice. If no one showed up but them, well it would've been pointless for them. But, they got a fight and some satisfaction from it.
Hopefully the disgust of so many people afterwards, will bring good things from an otherwise bad situation.
Should we ignore our problems? Not at all. I just think we should choose our battles wisely.
In the decades since WW2, ws has gained no more ground than what we all saw on Saturday.
Should it somehow take over big government, although extremely unlikely, I think there would be little the general public could do. Aside from endure our 2nd civil war.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:43 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
The resulting change may be for good or evil.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:24 PM
TReK
Received 480 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by number9
The resulting change may be for good or evil.
Agreed

Old 08-18-2017, 10:11 AM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

And that's why we need to remain vigilant and actively voice our dissatisfaction when we see things like neo **** Cantwell and like call for ethnic cleansing. We know exactly what people like that mean. We have physical evidence from our past.

You know, it didn't take a majority for Hitler to be elected. He didn't even have large numbers in the late 1920's when he first began formulating his concepts for the Third Reich. Had people not rolled over, not been so self absorbed in the latter days of the Weimar Republic, Hitler may never have gotten the traction he needed to rise to power.

This historical lesson should stand in stark relief for anyone looking at what has been happening. Say what you will about antifa (I wish they would crawl back under the rock they came from) but they pose no where near the same level of threat as the neo ****'s.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:01 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Seems like a hornets nest on this one.

It is NOT natural to attend a PEACEFUL demonstration toting automatic firearms and waving **** flags, bad form and stinking history.

In the civilised world anyone that alludes to or supports Nazism is arrested immediately, even in Germany and rightly so.

The Americans fought for world freedom and have their hands full with North Korea let alone bickering over age old and ridiculous historical hatreds and stupidities of the past, remember, the USA is a nation of multi cultural immigrants apart from the endemic Red Indians, surely that is worth some self analysation.

Surely the west has sufficient enemies to cope with without fighting amongst themselves over ridiculous historical dislikes and hatreds. When will people learn to grow up and use their limited brain cells.

Consider this, the only certainty in this world after you are born is that you are gonna die and all the BS, power and money will not save you one iota.

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 08-19-2017 at 06:15 PM.