Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Discovery II Brush and Bull Bars: what do you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 07:31 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Yes the very first picture is actually of my truck as it was before I purchased it back in late 2012. It is the a-frame brush bar but without the wraparound sections. I love how it looks but the low quality of it, prone to rust and the lack of headlight protection and lack of room to mount a winch make it less than useful. The ARB bumpers are alright but a bit to bulky and the edges are not rounded enough for my liking. Plus Ive been told by countless others that they are not all THAT GREAT in the grand scheme of things. RTE Fab for one makes some top notch bumpers plus they do any custom jobs you can think of. They make a beautiful rear bumper thats got rounded edges, is not bulky and it looks super clean. Comes with a good sandblasting and you can add recovery points to it. http://www.rte-fab.com/products?page...category_id=43
One day I plan on getting it but first i need them to make me a custom HD front bumper that meets my needs.

Point taken about the rubber nerf material, never thought about its ability to absorb impact better. Still I prefer full on metal.

You live in Rochester? Like in New Hampshire? If so we are neighbors for the moment!
Yeah, I'm in Rochester NH. I'll have to check those other brand bumpers out. My wife likes the way this one looks though. I've got a CEL to fix first before I do much else.

Old 09-10-2016, 06:12 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bull bar or brush guard

Looking for a good used brush bar for 2003 Discovery SE7
ralph@minmaxmachine.com