Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 03:16 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Warranty

My Land Rover dealer offers an extended warranty but I also see that I could get one from Ford Extended Service Contract for a lot less. Does anyone have experience with this?

Old 07-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

It has been my experience that extended warranties are a waste of money.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:50 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Service Contracts - Warranties

As a new member, I am surprised that only these two warranty companies are being mentioned. I know for a fact that the NAC line of plans and services are pretty darn good, have had them on other cars that i own and they do offer a rather comprehensive near factory OEM warranty for less than any of these other companies mentioned. http://nationalautocare.net/default.htm NAC National Auto Care and is located in Columbus, they too have an excellent BBB rating, have been in business for near 30 years now and specialize in all classes of vehicles. I believe they are actually owned by Assurant which is by far one of the largest names in insurance.
When I went shopping long ago, I took to task in researching them and also the dealers that actually sell their plans. As with all plans, trying to buy them through the Rover dealers has proven to be a pretty costly purchase, however, I did contact them at their toll free number, 800-548-1875 and they provided me the name of a dealer that specialized in these rare beasts and I'll tell you, the experience has been great. ContegoDirect.com https://www.contegodirect.com/ was the Agent that I ended up going with. They have a web presence and their number is 866-629-6576. Very helpful, informative and fast. Not only was I able to secure the NAC Pinnacle program for my Sport but the cost was nearly $800 less than what a comparable dealer was looking to sell the same plan for. For those so inclined, they even offered to finance the plan through Paylink for 18 months at 0%. The process took only a couple minutes and I had the contract emailed to me within minutes. All this, from the comfort of home, no high pressure sales, and some $ left in my pocket just in time for the holidays.
I hope this info helps, if anyone is in the market, I would strongly suggest you take a moment and get a quote. No I am not a paid endorsement, just a satisfied customer that wants to share some savings with other fellow Rover owners.

Last edited by theroverman; 12-01-2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: misspell