Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Funny old world.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

bwahahahaha

Old 02-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Hm...Antagonist and Protagonist. The plot thickens....

Old 02-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by landlover_1
France, you do realize that there is a 'friend' button on this forum, right? hehe.. but Dusty's 'occupation' could make me think twice about pushing that button
Occupation
murders and accusations

Nah, no worries, that's what I mean about..........sardonic humour. No-one with two lovely kids like he has is a bad boy...........he's a '***** cat' really.

I have to say one thing, working in Texas it took a long time sometimes to get used to the humour, hmmmmm, although it's similar to mine.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Occupation
murders and accusations

Nah, no worries, that's what I mean about..........sardonic humour. No-one with two lovely kids like he has is a bad boy...........he's a '***** cat' really.
uh huh... ------- mock & ridicule, mock & ridicule.....my kind of man. Too bad he's off limits

Old 02-26-2014, 02:15 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

I wont argue weather facebook is good or bad because I have to many mixed opinions on the subject, but also because I use it to stay in touch with people I care about but cannot see frequently enough. Anyways I will say that to people like myself who enjoy the company of fellow Land Rover enthusiasts, FB has some potential. I have found a couple very large and very active LR groups on FB with members from around the world, all coming together to share picstures, stories and ask for help or looking to buy/sell. Many of them have never heard of our beloved LR forums though, which I find to be almost "Blaspheme" but nevertheless they are good people. I actually found a network of local LR owners in my area thanks to FB and even met up with 2 LR enthusiasts and ended up having lunch. Very interesting people and if your looking for connections in the LR community than FB should be a consideration. Some of them do have friends on here but they themselves do not bother with forums. Very interesting indeed. Funny how and where you end up meeting the coolest people!

Dont know where I would be without this forum though, it holds a place in my heart and I think most of the active members on here are amazing! Sometimes we disagree about **** but at the end of the day we are all infected with the Green Oval and we all deal with the same woes so. Thanks to all for your participation and your support.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:56 AM
Baja

I have to agree with TRIAR11 to some extent in that although I have no experience of social networking per se I am sure FB can be of use provided it is treated with caution when entering details. However, I do agree with forumland, particularly this one, where the vast majority are great, helpful and polite people which is often lacking in many spheres of life these days. When it comes to LR's there is an empathy which proliferates through the world as I'm sure there are other vehicles which attract a similar enthusiastic following. As an aside, a pal races historic cars and is a member of a British historic car club and another particular to his race cars. Having met some of the people involved they weren't my type at all and very snobby and elitist about their cars and sport but my take is that if it suits him so be it. It takes all types to make up these clubs and associations and I have a different take on it, just 'live and let live' provided they do no harm to others. Long live the LR enthusiasts which are very much worldwide and equally enthusiastic.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:56 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by triarii
....we are all infected with the green oval and we all deal with the same woes. Thanks to all for your participation and your support......
like..

Old 02-26-2014, 07:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
'live and let live' provided they do no harm to others. Long live the LR enthusiasts which are very much worldwide and equally enthusiastic.....
....and like

Old 02-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by landlover_1
....and like
Unfortunately, as much as we all like our LR's today in the future some way down the road and years I'm afraid...................... Résultats Google Recherche d'images correspondant à http://www.aculab.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Dads-Army-Frazier-doomed.png
..................if TATA continue their sole monetary route. Understandable in commerce but not any good to the likes of us

Old 02-28-2014, 03:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Yep.. good ol' 'ta ta'...