Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

The future

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 07:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
And on a lighter note for today ............... The future's bright, The future's Orange - YouTube
erm.. what in the heck was that?!?

Old 09-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Senormac
I agree. It's good to be able to talk with people without heated argument and personal attacks. God stuff tends to bring that out in people. I'm not sure why but I think it's rooted in the idea that each side feels as though they are in a fight to be correct.

He intersects my life at times... often unexpected.
Thanks for sharing that Senormac - I haven't been as brave to share my story with the world but admire that you have the courage to do so. As for hearing God I have never experienced it but have relatives who have had and I think that is pretty extraordinary. As I said before I'm not from a religious family per se so I open my ears and listen when one of my loved ones mentions an experience. In fact everyone in my nuclear family has had some type of 'spiritual' experience and I am thankful that we talk about it as it can be somewhat overwhelming. I know that it was for me and I'm still questioning the happenings of how and why. I don't think I'll ever know the answer but that's ok.... life is a puzzle and I don't have to know the reason, as much as it can feel somewhat bittersweet and open-ended.

As for your earlier comment regarding one side 'having to be right' - I had a couple of guys ask me that at work this week (who is right?) and I told them 'no one is right' - it 'just is'. I'm not participating in this thread because I want to be right or that I think atheism is wrong - I'm married to an atheist. I think the topic is fascinating and I like to hear another's opinion - and just maybe I like to argue a little bit (I initially thought I'd be a lawyer in life - thank god I decided not to pursue that path. I don't think I would have been happy.)

I am open to spirituality intersecting my life - I'm learning to read the signs and take comfort in all that it shows me.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:52 AM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

Senormac, I (and I'd venture to guess, billions of others) am dying to know what god's voice sounds like. Did he speak to you in English? Did he have an accent, did he sound young or old, was he even an he? Did you only hear him the one time or does he speak to you often? Did he sound like someone you could sit and have a beer with or was he more like the god of the Old Testament. Was what he said terse and to the point or was it more in the form of a parable? Come on good man, you heard him. Come clean with the details.

Last edited by Paul Grant; 09-20-2014 at 03:54 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

When you guys envisage the future what do you actually see? Is it a peaceful place with happiness and retirement strolling through the sand dunes on some exotic (no Slabrat ............ I said exotic ) holiday, a world cruise visiting all those beautiful places one sees on television with these 60+ somethings, going on 50's actors, drinking an apero on the deck. Or, is it the extension of the mundane daily humdrum without having to get up early for work and rushing around but carrying out the same household chores as previously but without the same income as before so worrying about making ends meet financially. It's amazing when I watch the TV (a very rare occasion) of people who imagine what retirement is going to be and the actual realities of such when it finally arrives, the sipping a cool glass of wine whilst sitting on their patio in France, Spain, Italy or wherever watching the sun go down whilst holding hands with their longtime spouse or partner (vomit) or is it the realities of life as we all know is true and unembellished.

It would be interesting to hear others perceptions of the future and their expectations of their future and whether their religion, spiritualism or science and technology will greatly affect them as they grow older. Who knows until they arrive there.

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 10-01-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:04 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
Senormac, I (and I'd venture to guess, billions of others) am dying to know what god's voice sounds like. Did he speak to you in English? Did he have an accent, did he sound young or old, was he even an he? Did you only hear him the one time or does he speak to you often? Did he sound like someone you could sit and have a beer with or was he more like the god of the Old Testament. Was what he said terse and to the point or was it more in the form of a parable? Come on good man, you heard him. Come clean with the details.

This seems more plausible. I tried to find a youtube 'fire and brimstone' god type speech but there ain't nothing on there.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
"Voice of God Weapon" Makes People Think God is Talking To Them - YouTube

This seems more plausible. I tried to find a youtube 'fire and brimstone' god type speech but there ain't nothing on there.

Who is this bozo, Offroad? I wasn't able to listen to the entire clip because my internet connection is poor tonight for whatever reason. Unfortunately I do believe that he has a point because I'm sure this technology has been used for the purpose stated and I'm sure it could be also be used by those with less than scrupulous intentions. Having said that I highly doubt it was used on Senormac as he sat on the beach 20 something years ago. I miss reading his funny posts (made in Italy) - wonder where he went?....

Old 10-11-2014, 10:38 AM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
I miss reading his funny posts (made in Italy) - wonder where he went?....
Raptured, perhaps?

I still want to know, what god sounds like? All these people make the assertion they've had conversations with him and yet no response. Does he sound like the god who gave Moses's the ten commandments or is the sound of his voice inside your head and thus you're unable to put into words the sounds you hear him tell you? If it's the latter, there is a clinical word for this but, nonetheless, I'm dying of curiosity.

Some people like the wonderful Congressional Representative from the Great State of Minnesota, Michelle Bachman, claims to have conversations with god more regularly than my conversations with my neighbors.

SOOOO, what does he sound like????

Old 10-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
Who is this bozo, Offroad? I wasn't able to listen to the entire clip because my internet connection is poor tonight for whatever reason. Unfortunately I do believe that he has a point because I'm sure this technology has been used for the purpose stated and I'm sure it could be also be used by those with less than scrupulous intentions. Having said that I highly doubt it was used on Senormac as he sat on the beach 20 something years ago. I miss reading his funny posts (made in Italy) - wonder where he went?....
Hi KD, bozo he maybe or sound like one BUT does he or anyone else actually know what goes on? Do you remember at the cinema when they used subliminal messaging flashed up for a millisecond on the screen in the intervals and that was back in the 60's or 70's, suggestive things like "I feel hot and thirsty" and then everyone rushed up to buy ice creams. They say it was banned as an advertising media .............. hmmmmm........yeah right. too good a money spinner

Yeah, I was wondering what happened to Senormac and many others as they are all disappearing faster than snow in the sun. So many have evaporated from the forum recently and some have joined to replace them. I'm rather confused. I note some are posting on an alternative LR forum in the US.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

heh.... I remember this thread. Sorry, I've been ....out for about a month. Just getting back to things that were left when I got sick. I haven't even picked up the tools from that last window lift mech job on my rig.

Oh well... nice to see some familiar names here still. Offroad, Paul Grant, Kernowdiscovery

I better read over some of this again... get my bearings... before I start throwing any boomerangs (that's a joke btw)