Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

LANDROVER HELL

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:31 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LANDROVER HELL

witness my terrible experiences at
www.landroverhell.com

Old 01-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default RE: LANDROVER HELL

DISCLAIMER: This post has made me very irate (to say the least), so if you're offended by swearing don't read further.

This is a website for Land Rover enthusiasts. If you think you're going to sway anyone on here you're mistaken. Aside from this, at least half the issues on this website are complete bull **** and probably your own fault.

Let's see:

03-04-2006 Suspension fault with parts replaced under warranty
Under warranty. What does this have to do with LRs being so horrible? Why is this bad service on LRs part?

10-10-2006 10 Parts Replaced under warranty
How you've managed to destroy 11+ parts within this short an amount of time all ready leads me to believe you beat on this truck. What's all this mention of a trailer? How heavy is this trailer?

23-11-2006 Horn stopped working, gear leaver broke, with both parts having to be replaced.
How you managed to break the horn and the gear lever of all things this quickly is one issue, but why the hell are you complaining about it?

24-10-2007 2Parts Replaced under warranty
Under warranty, see above.

14-11-2007 Replaced steering wheel (it started to disintergrate) and further parts also replaced
OK obviously something isn't right here. How did you break the ****ing steering wheel? I've seen Series LRs from the 60s with their steering wheels still in good condition and you've broken yours within 2 years? This obviously leads me to believe you are not treating this truck as it needs to be.

18-04-2008 Rear boot release stoped working, replace horn again!
Trunk latch was probably dirty, no surprise here. I was surprised the first time you broke the horn. What are you punching the ****ing thing to get it to work?

19-09-2008 Problem with vibration through transmission when accelerating and cruising on the motorway. Dealer in the U.K. could not diagnose the problem in time available, so we had to travel back 2,000km with the fault present hoping that the car would not breakdown.
Again, how heavy is this trailer of yours? You seem to be making many long trips, have you kept up with regular maintenance? AND WHY ABOVE ALL THINGS WOULD YOU DRIVE 2,000 KM WITH A PROBLEM IN YOUR TRANSMISSION? Are you completely dense?

31-10-2008 Vibration though the car has go progressively worse and it took the dealer around 3 weeks to diagnose and repair thefault.
A month and at least 2,000km (probably more) and you still haven't fixed the problem? Hmm I think I've diagnosed the problem: USER IS A NEANDERTHAL.

10-11-2008 Car broke down in Portugal, the battery exploded, and when eventually the battery was replaced it was in time found that a gearbox module was in need of replacement too, thus leaving the car stuck in low ratio.
Another long trip. How's the mileage looking on this truck? Probably pretty high I'd say. Regardless your battery should NOT have 'exploded' (which I believe to be heavy exaggeration). And you broke the gear box this time? How heavy is your trailer this time? I bet your pushing that gas pedal right to the floor every chance you get with the way things are looking, and I'm sorry but there are about 0 production cars that I've seen that can take that abuse over their life time.

11-11-2008 Received car back after a month off of the road, with Land Rover eventually agreeing to cover the repairs under the cars existing warranty!
The only thing I get out of this statement is that LR just GAVE YOU a good $4-5k. Yeah, this is horrible customer service, why would they do such a thing?

13-11-2008 Car electrical system shut down, forcing immediate stop at night on the motorway in poring rain, had to wait 10 minutes before we could start car and restart journey.
... And? Water + Electronics don't mix, as we've all learned in about 5th grade. Sounds like you're a bit pissed that you got your shirt wet and you're having a cute little hissy fit at LR.

18-12-2008 Same fault as above, but this time only breaking down twice!
You might as well have said, "Hmm! My truck has a problem! Let me drive around with it for a good month or so until something catastrophic happens!"

20-12-2008 Vibration in transmission is starting to return, after I was assured that it have been rectified.
Again, it seems like you're driving this truck as hard as you can, and regardless LR HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG.

So Land Rover sold you a car that you then proceeded to push to the limit DAY IN AND DAY OUT as it would seem, and it has since had a few problems? I say quit bitching. Now what about all the people on just this forum that have had their Discos go to 200-300k miles without many significant problems? Does that say anything about Land Rover reliability? I'd say it does, where your one car (that you probably mistreated, this is a high maintenance vehicle remember, and in your records I see nothing of maintenance) had a few problems and you need to put up a website to cry about it and try to steer people away from what is in reality pretty much the most reliable auto manufacturer I've seen? In your mindless complaining you've lost sight of the fact that LR HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG, WHERE YOU HAVE. Delete these posts and kindly get off of our forum.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:41 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: LANDROVER HELL

Pathetic.
You wont change anyone's mind on here because we actaully take care of our vehicles. Maybe thats why most of us rarly have huge breakdowns like described on your site. Some of the issues brought up were laughable. Seriously, if you can't handle it, dont buy it. Please stop crying. Dont post here again.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Three Wheeling

I always think it's ridiculous when people blatently try to thrash their vehicle and then complain that it broke.

You want a car you can treat like an absolute piece? Then go buy an 80-something colorlla.

Nice things require you to take care of them. Hard concept I know.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Troll

Old 03-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by landroverhell
witness my terrible experiences at
www.landroverhell.com

Why don't YGFYS!

Old 03-15-2009, 02:27 AM
KBW
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hilarious that this guy never says one word about what he did himself to maintain the vehicle. Only that he was pulling heavy trailers and driving several thousands km with his truck already having something wrong with hit. Sorry but the rover isn't a tow-truck and no car will drive well or last when it has a problem and you drive several thousand km with the problem without fixing it. It is obvious you know nothing about your vehicle and you have posted about this vehicle on about 200 websites and even followed a damn tow truck to video tape your rover on the back of it all the while bashing the hell out of it. If you spent 1/10000th the time maintaining your rover and driving it like it was made to instead of using it to haul trailers and cry about it you wouldn't have any problems with it.

You had what you claim was an exploding battery, two horns replaced, and a torn up steering wheel...sorry but those things don't happen unless you treat the vehicle extremely poorly. How the hell do you break two horns???? I have a 64 chevy truck and the original horn still works.

Last edited by KBW; 03-15-2009 at 02:36 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm actually surprised that trolling-posts such as this one aren't deleted... There is such a thing as constructive criticism, and that can lead to good problem-solving that all may benefit from, but a post such as this serves no merit!

Here we all happen to like Land Rovers and we have learned to love them for what they are not as well as for what they are!

Old 03-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Disco_Fever
I'm actually surprised that trolling-posts such as this one aren't deleted... There is such a thing as constructive criticism, and that can lead to good problem-solving that all may benefit from, but a post such as this serves no merit!

Here we all happen to like Land Rovers and we have learned to love them for what they are not as well as for what they are!
Disco_Fever I agree with you on the post....just not your avatar...booooooo lol

Attached Thumbnails  LANDROVER HELL-0351511354_200uga_logo.jpg